Saturday, November 29, 2014

Reflective Teacher at TeachThought- November Blog Challenge- Day 29




Thank you to all those people that inspire us, motivate us and make us think about how we can be better than the previous day, week and year! Here are a list of some of the people that have touched my life:

1. My Mom- inspires me to keep working hard, to have faith and to perfect my pie crust and crafting skills! She has always been there for me whether with a kind word or a home-made goody. She has been a wonderful mom to all of her children, placing her family many times above herself and working tirelessly for all of us as we were growing up. I have a favorite memory of warm cookies, or homemade bread just out of the oven when we arrived home from school.

2. Fernando- inspired me to be a caring teacher and showed me the importance of connecting with the students. Being a young teacher, I never understood why he was the most popular teacher with the students, but now I know. He always said it was not the material/subject that was important, but the students. He inspires me still today to reach out, connect with kids, give them hugs and let them know that I care.

3. My sister Amy- inspires me to be more fun and carefree. She believes in letting life happen, in enjoying the moment and of not really caring what other people think. She inspires me to let my hair down, to relax and to  put the books and work away for a while. She inspires me to be a more balanced person.

4. My husband Rich- inspires me to be more open-minded and outgoing. He is definitely the opposite of me in many ways, but that is why our relationship works! He is the Type B to my Type A and is more social. He, like my sister Amy accepts people, lifestyles and their views without batting an eye. I question everything. He inspires me to go out of my comfort zone, to try new things and meet new people. He inspires me to not judge and to give things a shot even though there is a risk of failure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment