Monday, September 15, 2014

Teach Thought 30 Day Blogger Challenge- Day 15

Teach Thought 30 Day Blogger Challenge- Day 14

What are my five biggest strengths as an educator?

1. I have a love of reading and because of this I have been able to learn about new initiatives, stay up to date on new approaches and incorporate them into my curriculum. I can't imagine someone being a teacher and not liking to read!

2. I have a high level of focus.  I am able to set a goal and work towards it without getting distracted from the end in sight. I find that I am usually the person to be called in to clean up messes, re-do curriculum after it has been let go for years, re-direct programs and kick start new initiatives. Sometimes I get frustrated at that, but hey, that is one of my gifts.

3. I am young at heart.Working around teenagers for 24 years gives me a fresh outlook on life, inside information to the latest trends. I can't imagine working in an office cubicle. Teaching revitalizes me, the students make me laugh, and the school years seem to fly by.

4. I have grit. Maybe this is what they call "spunky" or my "German heritage" but boy, do I have this. And it is the characteristic I am the most proud of. I don't give up, I find a way to reach my goals and to be happy. I think having a high level of focus (my #2) helps with this as well. 

5. I have an adventuresome spirit. I like new things, I get bored easily and I love a challenge, so I will try anything once! This helps in school because teachers need to be up on the latest, especially with technology and it helps to want to discover new things!






No comments:

Post a Comment