Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ready or not, here I come!

It's almost here! Next weekend I participate in an Ignite Session about the benefits of blogging. The official title of my 5 minute session is "Firing Up the Reflection Process through Blogging Challenges". This past week I have been very busy finishing up my PowerPoint slides and working on what I need to say as each slide is timed at either 15 or 30 seconds. You would not believe how hard it is to fit in everything that I need to say about blogging challenges into 5 minutes! 

Nevertheless, it has been a great synthesizing activity for me to sift through all my thoughts. Some questions I ask myself are:

  • What is the most important thing I want to tell people about blog challenges? 
  • How can I convey my excitement about blogging challenges to the audience?
  • What graphic best captures my ideas on how to set up a blogging challenge?
  • Have I said enough to fill the time on the slide?


So, it's off I go to Wisconsin next Saturday. Doing this Ignite Session is something new for me, and although talking in front of large groups of people does start my heart racing, I will be carrying around all of the good vibes from the wonderful teachers I have met in the #reflectiveteacher community <3 I am grateful for this new challenge and I know that I will grow lots from the experience and connect with some pretty exciting educators!

More practice this week and wish me luck! 


No comments:

Post a Comment