Monday, March 23, 2015

A reflective teacher is...

What is a #reflectiveteacher? I think about this question often. And with my foray into amateur photography I decided that I would put the two together. So enjoy a random thought here of what a reflectiveteacher looks like coupled with a pic of a recent walk in the woods of northern Illinois.



So many times this question comes up in life. I hear it around me and even from myself. And the semantics of the comment can be spun in a positive or negative way. There are negative ways of looking at the question such as: "Why am I doing this? I have so many other things to do. I don't have time. It's such a waste of time. I am not getting anything out of it." and on and on and on.  Here, the negative focus overrides and conveys that the output will not equal the input. 

A reflective teacher views the comment in a positive way. He or she tends to think in an inquiring and investigative way, looking at it from a different point of view. He or she thinks: "Why am I doing this? How is it benefiting me? How is this helping me to grow personally or professionally?" They search to find the reason why they are doing what they do, and look internally to do so, instead of finding external reasons to stop moving forward.

Are you are #reflectiveteacher ?

No comments:

Post a Comment