Friday, January 9, 2015

There's No Place Like Home...



This year I am participating like many other educators in an online campaign where you choose a word that I want to focus on all year long. I pick RESILIENT because it is not something that I am, but something that I aspire to be. I don't feel like I have ever been a particularly easy-going person. I work hard to be better, look for opportunities to redefine myself, become stronger, more accomplished, etc. My father says I have always been like this. It is not always easy for me when things don't go as planned, so I plan to be more resilient!

What challenges have I faced during teaching in 2014 
that had helped me to grow professionally?



An opportunity in my school did not work out as I had planned and prepared for. I knew that I was not the first person in the world to be disappointed by something unexpected. And it was maybe hard to hear because I know that I am not that resilient of a person, not able to bounce back as easily as others. 
How did this experience help me to grow professionally? Because I realized that whatever position I may be in, I am still always a teacher first. I went back to being who I am and not someone that I may never be. Thank you online community for helping me to heal and become a better teacher with your kind words, great classroom ideas, words of wisdom, and helpful hints and resources. The #reflectiveteacher community has shaped me a lot in 2014 and helped me find my groove again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment