Sunday, November 9, 2014

Reflective Teacher at TeachThought- November Blog Challenge- Day 9


How many of us know certain individuals in a school setting that make it a better place? That are the "glue" in our buildings, departments, classrooms, departmental teams, PLNs. They are the organizers, the thinkers, the cheerleaders and the cleaners of our facilities. Some use their voice to lead, others of them quietly get the job done. I know many and I often think that they have no idea how things would be very different without them in the building. I think about it often, but many times lack the time to tell them so.

So how to develop my Attitude of Gratitude more in my daily practice? 
Tell these people how awesome they are and find a way to acknowledge that they help make school a better place for all of us. A kind word to them in the hall, a postie on their desk. Small acts of kindness. Not only will this help me be more mindful of the wonderful people all around me, but it will brighten their day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment