Sunday, November 23, 2014

Reflective Teacher at TeachThought- November Blog Challenge- Day 23


Happy to say that spreading around an attitude of gratitude is much easier with sticky notes!

I find people don't have a lot of time to open emails, or read long letters of thanks. Just a simple thank you or encouragement, and place that little 3 x 3 square on the corner of their desk as you walk by or place inside their faculty mailbox.

This month I have had the opportunity to thank people or let them know I was cheering for them with sticky notes and kind words.

1. My husband started a new job a couple of weeks ago. On his first day of work, I placed a note on the mirror supporting him. It is still there, and I hope reminds him everyday what a great man, hard worker and supportive partner he is.



2. A young lady in one of my classes has been resistant to learning from the first day she walked into my Spanish 2 classroom. I have always tried to be caring yet firm in my expectations for her and for the course, and she has not been buying much of what I was selling. God knows what happened, but she has slowly started to participate more in class, settled into what the course necessitates, and so that was the perfect sticky note moment. I jotted down a quick thank you note, telling her what an awesome job she was doing , folded up the sticky note, gave it to her, and asked her to read it when she had a moment. She and I have never talked about it, but she is moving along quite nicely in the class.  I would like to think that the sticky note helped out a bit with her attitude towards the course and the material!

If you are looking for some ideas on how to use sticky notes in education , there are some here from 3M and the Post-It notes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment