Saturday, November 22, 2014

Reflective Teacher at TeachThought- November Blog Challenge- Day 22


Looking at my family, I see 6 siblings, 11 nieces and nephews and 7 individuals who have married into this tribe. We all have different likes and personalities and don't always see eye to eye on issues. But we love each other, and we celebrate together.

The traditions that I am most grateful for are the gatherings for birthdays and holidays. We often get together for other different reasons, but not everyone is able to be there since there are so many of us. These large celebrations are also the moments that my parents cherish the most. To see their proud faces as all their children, grandchildren and extended family together gather under 1 roof to break bread together and to laugh together. Yes, there is chaos as others say, but I love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment