Friday, November 14, 2014
Reflective Teacher at TeachThought November Blog Challenge- Day 14
I am grateful that I have a job that can still teach me things. Here are some lessons from over the years that I appreciate:
1. Being around positive people really does motivate you to be more positive and accomplish more.
2. That being a teacher means more than just teaching your classes. Thank you Dorothy for pulling aside when I was a wee teacher and telling me you thought it was time that I step up to more responsibility. I needed that push.
3. Appreciate the moments that you are spending with you colleagues right now because the years pass so quickly, they retire, are gone from the building and you must go on without them. Start building some memories right now.
4. Explore every avenue. Heading down roads that led to nowhere for me were frustrating, but at least I traveled down that road and enjoyed the scenery, met some people along the way. No regrets.
5. You are exactly where you are supposed to be in this moment, both personally and professionally.
Some people say when one runs out of things to learn then it is time to retire. My odds are that I will retire much sooner than I will ever stop learning thing as a teacher.