How do I unplug?
I admit it, unplugging is hard for me. Somehow I feel I function better when I am "on", and I get a lot of gratitude out of accomplishing stuff. I love setting goals, getting that end in my sight and then going all out. Every summer I turn off of school and that is pretty hard for me, this having absolutely nothing to do in a day. I feel like a turtle on its back....it takes some time and I eventually settle in to letting the day unfold and enjoy whatever comes its way.
Here are somethings that help me unplug and enjoy the present moment:
1. reading books- they help me mind to focus on things other than school
2. going with my husband anywhere in our old car. A sweet 55 Chevy.
3. crafting, creating something
4. sitting on our front porch watching the world, listening to the sounds
5. taking a solitary walk in a forest preserve. It is at this time that I talk to loved ones that have passed on
6. spending time with my family
7. Boot Camp- thank you to my Boot Camp for pushing more than I would do on my own.
How do you unplug?