Monday, September 1, 2014

TeachThought 30 Day Blogger Challenge- Day 1

TeachThought 30 Day Blogger Challenge- Day 1

Let me say that when Justine Hughes and I created this blogging challenge, we decided to start off with a bang and lead with the most important question: Talk about your goals for this coming school year. After all, if you don't know where you are going, how do you know if you have arrived? 

And now I feel a little Dr. Seuss quote coming on here:



So let me tell you what direction(s) I am steering myself in this school year:

1. Listen to my Inner Voice.
An inner voice is never wrong, but at times it can be tough to hear. It can get drowned out by loud messages that are sent to you from the outside, from others. One of my goals this year is to release some of the "you should" messages and embrace more of the "I want to" passions that have been with me all along. This means I am going to pursue my creative side more as an individual.It might be some making some new crafts at home, it will definitely be coming up with some new educational projects for my students!  
2. Give stronger Feedback to students
I referenced this in another one of my posts earlier this year, but I really want to start giving detailed feedback to my students about how they are succeeding and areas where they can improve. Yes- A little more work on my part, but it will help my AP Students reflect and make some really big gains this year before the AP Spanish Language and Culture Exam.
3. Present at a Conference or a Mini-Workshop
Sharing my ideas with other educators is an amazing feeling. It's all worth it when you see someone using your idea or when you get a simple "Thanks for Sharing!" after you put yourself out there. Looking to expand that this school year!

Thank you to all of you who took on the 30 Day Blogging Challenge. Together we are all becoming stronger teachers and individuals!

Beth



No comments:

Post a Comment