Thursday, May 15, 2014

Smiles



The day after the AP Spanish Language and Culture Exam was a warm day here in Chicagoland. It was 80 degrees and what better way to celebrate than some friendly ultimate frisbee?!  You can see they were ready for some friendly competition!


Their smiles communicated happiness, and this happiness came from doing their best with confidence. I was able to chat with them right after the exam and they told me that they felt very well prepared and completed all the tests confidently. Hooray!

And that was it- my goal accomplished, my year successfully completed, everything I had worked for right there in those few comments. How wonderfully validating- isn't that the reason we teach?...to see those confident smiles and know that we were part of their successful journey?

The students will go on to do great things and be the excellent leaders that we need in the future. I will proudly remember these smiles, and when I look at this picture I will always be cheering for them and wishing them many more smiles in the future!

"Goodbye may seem forever. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart is the memory and there you will always be." -Walt Disney


No comments:

Post a Comment