Thursday, November 20, 2014

Reflective Teacher at TeachThought November Blog Challenge- Day 20




In looking back on this year (I can't believe that it is November!) I see that this has been a big year of change for me, both personally and professionally. The biggest lesson that I have learned is to let go and to let life happen because believe it or not, you can not control everything and everyone. These quiet external forces of life do push and pull us right along to be exactly where we are supposed to be all along. 

Last year, I put time and energy to be somewhere in my school that I was never meant to be. To be in a position that seemed such a logical next step for me. And it never materialized. And it caused me stress, sadness, money and stress and more stress. I mean you work hard, you get what you want, right?! Nope, not always. 

Life said no and took control away from me because it knew that I was really not going to be happy in that role. And while I was working so hard at things, life quietly guided me to a kinder, gentler place that is my new tribe. Where it knew I would be happy and confident and helping people. It's funny how you have trouble understanding how you get to a point in your life until you step back and see the bigger picture- that you have been being gently and quietly guided there for some time now. It's funny that wonderful things happen to you when you are not paying attention, when you are not trying to force them. 

So I believe that we are MOSTLY in charge of our life, but there exists a life force that guides us along and makes itself known every once in a while. To let us know this is where we are supposed to be. In this moment. With these people. In these relationships and professions. Learning these lessons. It's time we learn to enjoy the ride.

 Thank you, #reflectiveteacher tribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment