Friday, September 5, 2014

TeachThought 30 Day Blogger Challenge- Day 5

TeachThought 30 Day Blogger Challenge- Day 5

Post a picture of your classroom. What do you see, and what is something missing that you would like to see?





Welcome to my classroom. I apologize, it is a little messy right now. Lots of things going on, teachers moving in and out as many of us share our classrooms the whole day (We have Chinese courses going on in here, how cool!) so things get away from me...I know, that paper chain on the left is bothering me as well! It is another teacher's idea that she wanted to hang, don't know if she noticed that it needs fixing. I will take care of it for her :)

This room is great for language learning, it has lots of space for me and my students to walk around and facilitate and see that black box next to my desk? Yes, this semester my room even has a cart of Chromebooks that I can use with my classes. I am very lucky. My room is large and can accommodate 30+ classes pretty easily. I don't like to advertise that too loudly!

What is something that I would like to see in this room? Posters of Language Can-Do Statements so that students can easily see what a Novice Low or Intermediate Mid can do, easily reflect on their current progress and shoot for that proficiency level. Many of my #langchat colleagues have led the way. I really want to make this a priority this year! 

Another thing I would like to see in this room since it is so large would be to have a little "Google-esque" learning area. Because even though I love this classroom, the furniture does not always match up with the ways that we are asking students to learn and collaborate.  I envision bean bags, and small tabletops and a lap. To let my students and their creative juices flow! 

Beth

1 comment:

  1. The room doesn't look messy to me! Wow, Chinese courses. That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete